Sunday, January 13, 2013

There is another way....

Last time I wrote, I had fallen back under the attack of negative thoughts and feelings. Since then, I have come back to the place of recovery. Over the past few weeks, I have truly been living life differently. I have been allowing myself to stretch beyond the limitations I placed in my life years ago. And you know what? I am happier! I am more at peace...even with my body. For years I struggled with overcoming eating disorder behaviors and that struggle was built upon fear. I feared letting go of the false security the eating disorder gave me. I feared letting go of the control I had over my body. I feared that I would be miserable if I gained weight, let go of dietary restrictions. I don't know about anyone else, but when I experience fear I usually run back to comforting things...rather than face it. But... I have been facing it. I have been doing what works...I have been living life differently and I have learned that it truly is possible to live without eating disorder behaviors and be happy... truly happy! Now, I want to make it a priority to share what I have learned with everyone I can. I remember for years I wanted to meet someone that was truly recovered... Not just said they were recovered, but lived a life of excessive exercise or restriction still. So, I will be here sharing my journey of true recovery. If you every have any questions or want to talk, please contact me! God bless you, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment